Transportation Information for 2018-19 - Complete your online form today!
Columbus City Schools Transportation routing system has changed drastically this year. If you are relying on the CCS bus to transport your student to The Charles School, it is imperative you complete the online application as soon as possible. Here are important facts to keep in mind with regards to CCS Transportation:
- You may be eligible for a bus to The Charles School via CCS Transportation if you reside in the Columbus City School District.
- Columbus City Schools Transportation typically routes students to a stop at the nearest CCS building to their home, which may be up to 2 miles away.
- All routing is completed by CCS Transportation via an online application system, which can be found by visiting https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/4818 and following the link that says "click here to begin your transportation request." This link can also be found on The Charles School website at www.TheCharlesSchool.org in the “News” section. The application process must be completed on a desktop or laptop computer, as the site is not compatible with mobile devices - smartphones or tablets.
- All routing information is shared with families via CCS Transportation. They will no longer be sharing the routes with schools. Additionally, schools are no longer allowed to issue temporary passes. Students will not have a bus until their online application is processed by CCS Transportation, which may still take up to 8 weeks.
- If you experience any issues with the online application system or have any doubt that your application was successfully submitted, you must call CCS Transportation at 614-365-5074 for assistance. Parents also have the option to visit the CCS Transportation Office at 1560 Moler Rd Columbus, OH 43207 for in person assistance with completing the online application.
- We have been able to share information with families who have been routed as of Friday, August 10. If you want to check the status of your students' transportation needs please call us at 614-258-8588.