The Graham Family of Schools has a particular mission to urban students in Central Ohio preparing them for lifelong learning and informed citizenship through real-world experiences and rigorous academics. Fostering ownership and responsibility for their education prepares our students to be successful in college, the workplace, and other endeavors they undertake upon leaving The Graham Family of Schools. The Graham Family includes: The Graham School, grades 9-12, The Charles School, an early college high school and Graham Elementary and Middle School, grades K-8.
We are currently hiring for the following positions for the 2021-22 school year:
The Graham Family of Schools Vision, The vision that formed and fuels TGFS is a school that:
• Treats all students humanely and individually.
• Serves the urban community of Columbus.
• Enlivens the human spirit via concerned and positive ways mature, wise adults interact with students and serve as role models for them.
• Causes students to become more thoughtful, inquisitive people particularly in core literacy areas including: science; math; the arts; communication through literature, writing, and oral presentation; technology; social studies; languages and cultural studies; and community engagement.
• Respects the need for students to establish their own independence while at the same time developing in them a sense of commitment to their community.
• Is a place where adults working at the school always exhibit respect toward students and other adults.
• Serves every child equally who desires this kind of experiential education.
An ideal candidate is someone who:
• Has a growth mindset
• Has demonstrated strong classroom and time management skills
• Understands that family involvement is integral to student success
• Wants to be organized
• Committed to meeting the needs of every child in a diverse population
• Willingness to participate in professional development
• Is a self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced school environment that requires flexible roles
o All staff must be willing to work collaboratively with the schools small staff
o Bachelors Degree
o Valid Ohio Educator License
o Pass BCI and FBI background check
Compensation: Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. We will offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Reports To: Dean of Students, Dean of Academics
Location: The Graham Family of Schools, to be assigned
The official hiring process will include an educator conduct search for the potential employee on the ODE website.
ANY PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY MAKES A FALSE STATEMENT IS GUILTY OF FALSIFICATION UNDER SECTION 2921.13 OF THE REVISED CODE, WHICH IS A MISDEMEANOR OF THE FIRST DEGREE.